TELL CONGRESS TO DECLARE A CLIMATE EMERGENCY NOW.
The planet is in crisis, and our leaders are asleep at the wheel. We urgently need a massive effort to reverse global warming and protect humanity and the natural world from collapse.
Now is the time for action. Now, while there is still a chance to make a real difference. Don’t wait. Send a letter to your Representative and Senator asking them to wake up and declare a climate emergency and take action that matches the scale of the emergency now, before it’s too late.
Here’s what you can say to your Members of Congress:
We are in a climate and ecological emergency. We urgently need a massive effort to reverse global warming and protect humanity and the natural world from collapse. It’s time for Congress to join over 740 local governments in 16 countries around the world in telling the truth about the climate. I urge you to sign on as a sponsor of the Climate Emergency Declaration.
I urge Congress to Declare a Climate Emergency and:
- Mobilize people, resources, and companies on a scale larger than that of World War II to reverse global warming and prevent further catastrophe. This must be a wide-scale, inclusive, and equitable transformation and rebuilding of our society to one based on renewable energy, dignified employment, and economic opportunity.
- Democratically transition to a zero greenhouse gas emissions economy in ten years or less. This must be a just transition for workers and frontline communities that keeps fossil fuels in the ground.
- Restore a safe and healthy climate for future generations
- Hold a National People’s Assembly on the climate emergency
- Protect the entire web of life by working to end the sixth mass extinction. Protection of biodiversity is critical to our survival.
- Declare a Climate Emergency and protect all Americans, all humanity, and all living things, so that we can be safe for generations to come!
- Find other ways to help here!
JOIN BUILD A MOVEMENT 2020